top of page
The Church of St Mary, Berry Pomeroy, is an attractive building rebuilt on the site of an earlier church. It was constructed by Sir Richard de Pomeroy, who died in 1496 and whose tomb is in the north-east corner of the chancel.
The old altar rails and altar table, now in the north aisle, are from the 17th-century, as are the Royal Arms of William and Mary. King William III landed at Brixham from Holland in 1688, and is thought to have held his first Parliament in ‘Parliament Cottages’ at Longcombe, less than a mile from the church.
Find out more by visiting the church's website.
bottom of page